Visual Anthrophology in Japan

Tuesday, March 1, 2011




I live in Seminer House4. I took this picture at CIE building on 4th floor. I realized that bathroom on 4th floor is best place to see the sight of Hirakatasi. It is nice view but it looks like boring countryside.
The place I used to live is filled with high buildings and apartments. Most of time it is loud and crowded. And every facility is located within 15min. However buildings in Hirakatasi are low and I can barely see apartments.
The most interesting thing is that most houses, restaurants and buildings are small and cute. even cars are cute. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the doll's house in museum.



















The one thing I surprised is a lot of Japanese have pets. Everyday I saw people walking the street with pets on my way going to school or home. Also I can see a lot of pets at a park nearby seminer house everynight.
It is not common in Korea. I think they love pets. Most of my Japanese friends have pets at least one!! I would love to have but my apartment would not let me to have a pet. 


Japanese usually ride a bycicle and There are less cars than korea. everyday morning I can see people who wear suit riding a bicycle. It's never happened in Korea.

This is my neighborhood!!!! When I ride a bicycle on the street, they let me through the way and hold their pet not to move. They consider other people first in any situation. I admire this aspect of Japanese.
They are Kind, Quit and Really nice!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like reading comparisons of Japan and Korea - there are so many similarities but so many differences at the same time. Pets and bicycles are interesting themes. It might be a good idea to do a little research on these things to include along with your observations.

    Please set your default language in the blog layout to English.

    ReplyDelete