Visual Anthrophology in Japan

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Portrait of Japanese friend.


She's name is  "Nagisa Yamazaki" and 19 years old. As her family lives in "doyama" pretty far a way frome here, She lives near our school alone. She is my friend's spk partner but we became a friend because she is interested in studying  korean and her korean is pretty good. It could be one of  the reson why we became closed. She  loves to hang out me & my friends. When we go out, we use Korean, Japanese and English. So languges doesn't matter to communicate at all. I met her more time than my speaking partners. I took pictures above when we went to Univeral Studio in Japane last saturday. During last week, we met 3times. Isn't it suprised? We spend wonderful time and took a lot of pictures!!!
 When I met her for first time I thought she is korean. She doesn't look like Japanese. Her make up style and the way to dress up is not similar to Japanese. But when it comes to personality, I can totally say that she is Japanese. She never says "No" and she is kind to everyone. Always smile and answer whatever i asked.
Look at the picture above. She always smile like that!!!!  I think Her smile makes people feel happy and comfortable. I like to meet with Nagisa because whatever I did she always smile and accept it.

The reson why i took this pictures as a portrait of her is I wanna show her smile to everyone. It looks pure and natural. She show me her beautiful smile every time I meet her. I love to make her smile.

1 comment:

  1. I think the stuffed animals distract from your friend. If the animal in the first picture was lowered a bit so we could see her face I think it would be a good shot (I like the reaction of the person in the background).

    Your text serves to challenge typical stereotypes that suggest all Japanese people are the same. Why is she interested in Korean?

    ReplyDelete