Visual Anthrophology in Japan

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Changed impression


Time flies so fast. I cannot believe I’ve leaving in Japan over 4months. When I came here for the first time I was so frustrated, nervous and closed my mind. I wanted to go back and regret my decision to come to Japan because I thought I’ll never be getting used to it. But right now I regret what I did before like why I was passive people & why I haven’t tried hard something like that.
As the old saying goes, “This too, shall pass away“. Finally it’ll be pass away but when I’m in the situation I want to run away. It is just a moment. When it’s gone it will be good memory I’ll never forget. I remind it every time when I encountered to difficult problem but it’s not easy to overcome.
I didn’t do my best at first but as my friends from Korea, Japan and any other country helped me to be changed. As I set my mind everything was changed also.
At first I thought Japan is too much all the time like too clean, too kind and too arranged. So I felt it is cold such as inhuman. I didn’t go out often even in my dormitory because I was afraid. But right now I can take time to study in the café and go shopping by myself and I’m not afraid to talk with people any more. I’m getting used to japans’ life.
There was a big gap between my expectation and real life in Japan so I had hard time to get used to it. I think that Japan and Korea are so close, yet so far. We cannot say distinct difference when it comes to appearance but in inside of our mind there is so many.

At the beginning of the semester Japan looked cold because everything looked so perfect. People are stylish and put on makeup everyday and they are too kind so I thought it is unrealistic. But right now I cannot imagine no makeup Japanese and dirty street and the people who angry all the time. I cannot even drop a piece of paper in the street. I’m getting used to….










                                     
When I open my mind to accept Japan, it was such a good country to live. To open my mind there were many things that helped me. My Japanese friends and this class also and my experience. I’ve learned about Japan in this class that is difficult to experience as indirect experience. Watching the videos and learning language I could understand Japan a little bit more. We’ve covered many things in the class there were many interesting ones and also some different side of the Japan. No matter its good or not it helped me to understand and make my own opinion. Until now I’m still gaining new impression every moment I go somewhere. Japan is the most attractive country I’ve ever been. It has many different colors each city and each place. I’ve traveled around Kansai over the semester. They have many temples but it’s not same at all. I’ve been to many temples and many place. Each time I felt different impression. Each time I felt I’m in the different country.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to overcome your initial reservations and explore Japan and its culture. Thank you for your efforts this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Sarah!

    Have been trying to get in touch with you. You're a bit difficult to track down. :o)

    Tried sending you a message at YouTube, but you have messages blocked. Sent you a friend request there so that I could message you. It concerns your superb Route 66 video. Please send me an email so that we can discuss the matter further off of this message board. Thank you in advance.

    Best Regards,

    Ken Turmel
    www.Route66Artwork.com
    Email: thelandrunner@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete